Home » » A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Written By Unknown on Monday, November 12, 2012 | 5:00 AM


We have been living in our new house for about 3 weeks now and it is finally starting to feel like home! We still have to finish painting the hallway and entry area as well as unpack our miscellaneous/storage boxes. But, I am beginning to feel like we are making some good progress!

The original paint in the home wasn't bad (mostly beige), but both my husband and I wanted to paint the walls and ceilings with a pure white (our inspiration came from many Scandinavian interiors we have seen on Pintrest). Usually I shy away from colorless walls, but lately I am really drawn to the simplicity of white. I think it helps draw attention to the furniture and accents in the room.

I titled this post "A Work In Progress" because although we are just about unpacked...there currently isn't a room in the house that doesn't need a little (or A LOT) of work! So to ease the load of re-decorating an entire home, I have decided to take things 1 room at a time (starting with the kids rooms because I think I know what I want to do with them).

Although this space is still 'incomplete,' here are a few before and after photos of our living area


Here are a few progress shots while we were painting - who knew it would take 3 coats to cover beige with white! We even used a primer and spent a little more to buy a better quality paint!


+ a few of the "after" details - I'm not particularly loving the vintage camera's on the mantle, they just look so small, I think I'll be changing that up pretty soon!...





My Favorite Feature, The "Under Cover" Picnic Basket - a stylish accessory where I can hide baby toys, diapers, and wipes. I'm not a big fan of seeing toys all over the house (especially in the more formal rooms) but when you have kids it's very convenient to at least have a little stash in all rooms that are used frequently.









Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.