Home » , » A Simple Nursery

A Simple Nursery

Written By Unknown on Monday, April 8, 2013 | 5:00 AM

I finally got around to finishing Charlotte's nursery! I can't believe it has already been 5 months since we moved into our new home...and this is the only room in the house that I can actually say is "complete." Her room is the smallest in the house yet it still took hours of hard work and planning, (makes me a little nervous about the rest of the house!)

The diamond accent wall is by far my favorite feature in the room. I had actually seen something very similar used as a wallpaper, but I couldn't afford the price. Needless to say, I was so in love with the look, I decided it was worth the extra effort to actually paint the pattern on myself. (Tutorial to come!)

The room really doesn't have a specific "theme" it's just full of things that I like and that remind me of my little girl (which is sometimes the best way to go when it comes to designing a space). 

Check out photos of the room + project details below...


Room Details: 

Diamond accent wall: I made my own stencil and painted the pattern using a very light grey color (tutorial to come later!) If you are looking for a less time consuming option you can purchase the wallpaper that inspired me at The Firm

Paper crane mobile: get my tutorial HERE

Bookshelves: These are actually "Picture Ledges" which I purchased for just $14.99 at Ikea

Nesting doll art: I actually made this myself in Photoshop. I am also planning on painting my own nesting dolls to display on the dresser...someday :)

Sheer curtains: Also purchased from Ikea, I couldn't find the exact pair online, but you can view a similar option here.

Triangle framed art (on shelves): This was a last minuet design that took me literally 30min. to make. I simply cut triangle shapes out of paper, painted them, and then taped them in different patterns in each frame. (tutorial to come!) 

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.